From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-17 12:20:53

Craig Ritzdorf wrote:
>> I'm having a problem using any part of boost in dev-c++. The
>> compiler itself seems to handle the code fine but when it trys to
>> link i get the error:
>>
>> [Linker error] undefined reference to
>> 'boost::filesystem::path::path(char const*)'
>>
>> I looked through the archive and found someone else (Chun Ping Wang)
>> with this same problem but it was never answered.

There are two obvious questions:

1) Have you included the boost_filesystem library on your linker command
line.
2) If you have, does it occur *after* the .cpp files that use it (this is a
gcc requirement).

Those are the most common newbe issues, but if you're not a newbe, my
apologies :-)

HTH, John.