From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-18 15:03:33

Daniel F. Savarese wrote:
> In message
> <1DDB0D3CC4E7F14FAE946361C0A606550143CA11_at_[hidden]>,
> "Moshe Matitya" writes:

I want to thank you guys for spending time on this. I know it's time
consuming
and you have other things to do. I'm watching the discussion in the hope
that
a consensus will be achieved and I can just update i/oserializer with the
conclusion.

If you made a simple - reliable test case, I would consider adding it to the
test
suite as this aspect of the library is important to me. However, I realize
that
that might not be possible.

And compromises - like presuming that no de-serialization occurs before
main is called are very acceptable to me - given the alternatives.

Note that the order of creation is related to the fact that we use this
idiom
- instantiation via the usage of static variables - in several places. On
is
to instantiate serializers for derived classes (later) and one for
maintaining
the global table of types that the system knows about (sooner)

Maybe that is helpful.

Robert Ramey