From: Andreas Ntaflos (daff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-20 17:53:40

Hello boost-users,

I am quite new to Boost and this is my first post to this list. My
problem is quite similar to one posted to this list two years ago [1].
Since there don't seem to be any follow-ups to that message I hope to
find an answer by posting here.

A program of mine reads a Unix timestamp from a database (the field is
simply of type NUMERIC(10,0), written to by PHP's time() [2] function)
into a `std::time_t time' object, holding the seconds since the epoch,
in UTC. No time zone adjustments are applied as far as I understood.

I need to convert this time_t to a ptime (or any other kind of
printable, readable string) with time zone adjustments applied.
Converting with the from_time_t() method works fine, except that the
resulting date and time are still in UTC.

What would be the most simple way to have the time_t converted to a
ptime with local time zone adjustments? The time zone could be any but
it would suffice if it is the one the computer running the program is
in. I could even hardcode the time zone into the program.

Hopefully I made enough sense to have someone knowing help me out. RTFM
answers are most welcome, although I have read much of the docs on the
date_time library on the Boost homepage. So if possible please point me
to the section in the that is relevant to my problem.

If this is not possible with Boost are there any other functions I could
use, probably from the standard library?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Andreas

[1] Very long Google cache link:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:s-MYu63Ev8UJ:lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost-users/msg07310.php+convert+time_t+to+local+time+with+time+zone+site:boost.org&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox&strip=1