From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-21 08:53:43

"Moshe Matitya" <Moshe.Matitya_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I would like to get a sense of who is the intended target audience for
> BoostCon.
>
> I am an experienced C++ developer whose familiarity with Boost is
> limited to just three or four of the libraries (which I use often).
> Unfortunately, my knowledge of the rest of Boost is currently rather
> scant, although I am quite interested in learning more. My question is
> whether or not BoostCon is appropriate for someone like me.

Of course!

> The conference announcement says that there will be a track "focused on
> the practical interests of Boost end-users". Does this mean people who
> are already experienced users of Boost, both in breadth and depth -- or
> are there plans for sessions to provide intoductory exposure to various
> Boost libraries for developers unfamiliar with them? I, for one, would
> be very interested in such sessions.

The first half of the week will be aimed at the broad spectrum of
end-users, and we intend that there be a particular focus on
education. That includes introductory sessions on Boost libraries.

If our announcement and webpage don't make that clear enough, we'll
need to fix that.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting