From: Jeffrey Chang (jeffrey8chang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-28 01:34:11

On 9/27/06, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Since the program halts at the get_instance() call at line
> boost_1_33_1/boost/serialization/extended_type_info_typeid.hpp:95, I'm
> wondering the discussion a few months ago: Re: Boost serialization :
> concurrency (was Possibletoappend...)<http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3ceektei%248hm%241%40sea.gmane.org%3e>
> has anything to do with the safety of local static access across multiple
> C++ compilation unit, in addition to issues with thread-safety. Anyway, is
> there any documentation on how to use boost::serialization library correctly
> across multiple DLLs & explain what it is doing during
> initialization/destruction time?
>
> **** Are you using DLLS as well?

Not yet, but plan to use DLL soon.
Though my workaround works so far, I'm still not 100% sure what the root
cause is for the SIGSEGV fault (Any explanation?). This makes me nervous in
DLL'ize my code w.r.t. serialization. It'd be great there's clear
guidelines on what to do/not to do with DLL (or global static, in general)
for user of boost::serialization.

--- Jeffrey

Robert Ramey