From: Marcin Kalicinski (kalita_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-28 08:04:07

Hi Chris,

Un-customized ptree uses (string, string) pairs to hold data. If you are
using sandbox-cvs version (i.e. the latest one), it is easy to customize
data type to be boost::any. There's even a working example on how to do that
in libs/property_tree/examples/custom_data_type.cpp. Once you do that, you
can then manually associate types with values.

As for associating types with a values read from a file, I don't see any
easy way to do it. How would the parser determine the type of the value that
it reads in?

Best regards,
Marcin

Uzytkownik "Chris Weed" <chrisweed_at_[hidden]> napisal w wiadomosci