From: Sean Huang (huangsean_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-01 22:02:11

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost-users_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [date_time]time zone input

>> That would be great. What we are trying to do is to convert DICOM DT
>> (Date
>> time) element to boost::date_time and it is in the format shown below:
>> YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.FFFFFF&ZZZZ
>> One way I can think of is treat the string as posix time and parse the
>> time-zone offset part ourselves. It sounds like there are better ways to
>> accomplish this. I would appreciate it very much if you could point me to
>> the right direction.
>
> That's exactly what I would suggest, although actually you can probably
> parse
> it into a time_duration.
Can you elaborate on this a bit more?

> What are you going to do with the timezone offset
> once you get it? Do you need it for anything or do you just do a one time
> adjustment?
I just use it to do a one-time adjustment. I agree with you that the
aforemented format does not fully specify a time zone (I guess I used the
wrong subject in the first place. :-)). DICOM only uses the ZZZZ as the
offset from UTC and that's how we plan to use ZZZZ. We'll convert it to UTC
time as soon as it is parsed.

Thanks,

Sean