From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-01 23:35:43

Sean Huang wrote:
> By the way, have you taken a look at this regression issue on WinXP-64:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/g6nbn
>
> Looks like it is unique to 64-bit windows.
>
> Let me know if you need any help diagnosing the problem.

I know what the problem is...the machine is too fast or the clock is poor.
Basically, there is a loop that's supposed to waste some time to make sure the
next time measured from the clock is greater than the last time. The whole
point of the test is to validate that the clock api in fact works as
advertised. In the case of your machine the 'last' and 'next measurements
come out equal instead of less...which leads me to conclude that the loop
finishes before the clock updates.

So basically this is a non-failure. I suppose I could bump up the loop
count...or you could get a slower machine ;-)

Jeff