From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-02 18:49:27

When I build the serialization library I get two copies of the diagnostic
message.

I asked this before but now I can't find the answer. It seems that it was
suggested that this was symptom of some sort of mistake that could/should
be corrected. In studying this I've come upon the following scenario.

library ab contains

a.cpp - with interface in a.hpp
b.cpp - with interface in b.hpp

User programs might contain a.hpp or b.hpp or both
depending on what they want to call. So each of
a.hpp and b.hpp should contain auto-link to generate
the pragma corresponding to the library ab. However
if, it the user includes both a.hpp and b.hpp - which
he gets two diagnostic messages - since auto_link.hpp
has no include guard. If this is a mistake, where is it
and who is making it?

Robert Ramey