From: Tiago de Paula Peixoto (tiago_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-03 21:30:22

Hi Rui.

On 10/03/2006 06:51 PM, Rui Carvalho wrote:
> I just had a look at graph-tool and it looks really interesting. You're
> computing several measures that are standard in Network Science these days
> and I wonder if these could be integrated in the next BGL distribution
> -they're very, very useful.

Thanks! graph-tool uses BGL extensively, but it was really not designed
as a library. This means that the code would have to be changed somewhat
to be included in a library such as boost. Not to mention that a lot of
the algorithms included in graph-tool either come already from BGL or
are relatively trivial (degree distribution, degree correlation, etc).
There may be some code, however, such as arbitrary random graph
generation, which could be of a more general interest... If there is any
interest from the BGL people in having any part of graph-tool inserted
into boost, I'd be happy to make it happen (by making it more BGL-like,
properly parameterized, etc.)

Take care.

--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <tiago_at_[hidden]>