From: ajb_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-10-09 04:33:12

G'day all.

Quoting Benjamin Lau <blwy10v_at_[hidden]>:

> So you're saying that the transaction object in this case keeps track
> of everything the script does without any additional code?

Yes.

Everything the script does (apart from I/O, which we can ignore) must
eventually come down to some application-specific primitives. If those
primitives are undoable and redoable, then the effect of script as a
whole is undoable and redoable.

There are a bunch of assumptions here, such as that any access to global
state by the script is undoable. For many interesting scripting systems,
that assumption is true.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage