From: Michael Marcin (mmarcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-10 20:39:55

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Michael Marcin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using a few day old RC_1_34_0 from cvs.
>>
>> In boost\function\function_base.hpp I get a warning message that is
>> quite annoying so I went in to remove it.
>>
>> The thing is I don't understand what it is complaining about.
>> It gives this warning message:
>>
>> boost/function/function_base.hpp(287) : warning C4189: 'out_functor'
>> : local variable is initialized but not referenced
>>

>> But the code is:
>>
>> functor_type* out_functor =
>> reinterpret_cast<functor_type*>(&out_buffer.data);
>> // Some compilers (Borland, vc6, ...) are unhappy with
>> ~functor_type. out_functor->~Functor();
>>
>> which looks a lot like it is referencing out_functor to me.. can this
>> warning be disabled
>
> I think that changing to
>
> reinterpret_cast<functor_type*>(&out_buffer.data)->~Functor();
>
> can fix it.

Yes that removes the warning it'd be great if that could be patched into
RC_1_34_0 & HEAD.

There are lots more annoying warnings (just at warning level 3).
I know many people work with a strict no warning policy.
Are these things that are going to be addressed before 1.34 is released?

Thanks,

Michael Marcin