From: Johan Nilsson (r.johan.nilsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-11 09:51:10

"Darryl Green" <Darryl.Green_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>Actually - I just tried to rtfm to find the relevant part, and it is less
>than obvious given the rather terse description of xtime as a time or >a
>duration. I don't think anything in boost.threads uses xtime as a duration
>(any more - since about 2001)?

I've been using Boost.Thread since 1.27 (IIRC) and never wanted to suspend a
thread until a specific clock time. I've always had to go through the hassle
of getting the current time, adding the brief time I wanted the thread to
sleep (watch out for wraps in the xtime members!) and then call
thread::sleep.

Out of curiosity, who actually prefers using clock times for
thread::sleep()? IIRC the implementation still converts the UTC time into a
relative time before entering sleep, so it's only misleading to have an
absolute time as parameter to sleep.

Just my 0.02EUR.

// Johan