From: Rob Caldecott (robert.caldecott_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-11 17:27:27

> That said, why do you even have to keep the boost::thread objects? There
> aren't many useful things that you could do with a boost::thread; if you run
> 24/7 you should be able to just spawn the threads "detached":

The threads are doing socket stuff, and I want to terminate them gracefully when
the application exits (currently they use a shared event that I signal when its
time to terminate). I don't like the idea of my application closing while
socket threads are still active - I like things to be as clean as possible.

> You can replace your version of tss_hooks.cpp with this one:

Thankyou! Just what I was after.

FWIW, I think your try_join proposal is an excellent idea.