From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-12 15:08:17

On 10/10/06, Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Gottlob Frege wrote:
> > I'd like to chime in to increase the strength of the voice - I also
> > get lots of warnings from boost which I'd like to remove, in order
> > to see the forest for the trees. In my case, it is typically boost
> > placeholders - _1, _2, _3,... and the warning is about unused
> > globals.
> >
> > Is there a way we can get fixes for these and reduce the warnings
> > coming from boost?
>
> Posting specific details will be most helpful.

including boost/bind/placeholders.hpp into a cpp file, under Xcode 2.3 (gcc
4.0) gives you:

warning: '<unnamed>::_2' defined but not used
warning: '<unnamed>::_3' defined but not used
all the way up to _9 (in my case _1 was being used).

The fix we've used is to make an (unused) inline function that 'uses' the
placeholders. Luckily it doesn't complain about unused functions (or more
likely, that is just shut off?)

Not sure what the best fix for that is.

Tony