From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-17 12:54:35

Just take a look at boost::variant data structure.

It allows you to store _one_ of enumerated types in the container. If you try to put some not
registered type instance into it you will get a compiler error. I think this data structure is
pretty cool.

What if such a variant<types 1...n> represents a communication protocol which can contain one of
enumerated message type instance. In this case the sender can not put there a message
(per-compiler) which should not be there (not allowed). And a receiver can be 100% sure that it
will not receive a message which should not be handled.

With Kind Regards,

Ovanes Markarian