From: bernhard.maeder_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-10-18 02:29:35

boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden] schrieb am 17.10.2006 18:18:36:

> I've instrumented the any_cast code and have verified that the
> type_info.name() strings for both the stored and requested types are
> the same. However, the operator== for the type_info's is still
> returning false.

I'm not sure if that's quite the same problem, but I had similar symptoms
with two python extension modules (which are shared libraries, too). The
point was that the type_info seemed to be the same, i.e. type_info.name(),
but there still were two different instances around. Unfortunately, the
compiler does not compare the type_info.name() but the addresses of the
instances.

See:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/boost.python/CrossExtensionModuleDependencies

The solution was to link the shared libraries with vague linkage enabled:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Vague-Linkage.html

HTH
Bernhard

Disclaimer:

Diese Mitteilung ist nur fuer die Empfaengerin / den Empfaenger bestimmt.

Fuer den Fall, dass sie von nichtberechtigten Personen empfangen wird,
bitten wir diese hoeflich, die Mitteilung an die ZKB zurueckzusenden und
anschliessend die Mitteilung mit allen Anhaengen sowie allfaellige Kopien
zu vernichten bzw. zu loeschen. Der Gebrauch der Information ist verboten.

This message is intended only for the named recipient and may contain
confidential or privileged information.

If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message and any attachments. Any unauthorised use or
dissemination of this information is strictly prohibited.