From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-18 15:04:01

Hi there, I have been using ASIO for some weeks, now. I really like
the lib and have made good progress. Even though the learning curve
was quite steep for me. I have never really programmed networking
code. So please excuse my most likely dumb questions. The reason why I
ask is to get to know the lib better and try to avoid adding code on
my side for stuff I can simply poll from the lib.

1. [server side] Are errors the only way to get notice when a client
disconnects.

2. [server side] How can I poll if a server is connected to a client.

3. I have been asking questions regarding asio for some time now and
never gotten any answer. Is the boost user list the right forum? For
example yesterday I posted a message for a memory leaks reported by
MFC and nobody replied, so far.

4. [server side] When running io_service::run() on a separate thread,
is io_service::interrupt() the only way to let ioservice return from
run(). Basically what do I need to do to gracefully quite my server
app when there are still clients connected. Same questions goes for
the client apps.

5. [client side] When I quite the client app (MFC) I get a lot of
these error message: "The I/O operation has been aborted because of
either a thread exit or an application request". I seems for every
message I send to the server I got one of this error. I use
io_service::post() to initiate a send operation.

I can provide sample applications that produce my problems. I'm using VC7.1 SP2.

Thanks ahead,
Christian