From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-19 18:56:19

John Dunn wrote:
> Peter Dimov wrote :
>> Does it fail with both the static and the dynamic VC runtime?
>
> I don't think you can use the static runtime with CLI. When I try, I
> get the following error -
>
> cl: Command line error D8016 : '/MTd' and '/clr' command-line
> options are incompatible
>
> Both the release and debug versions fail in the same manner.

I'm out of ideas. :-) There isn't anything actively CLI-hostile in the
thread library as far as I know. You could try stepping into the program
with the debugger and see what causes the error, but if it's the .NET loader
not liking it for some reason, this might not help. You best bet is probably
to report the problem to Microsoft somehow, since it seems like a legitimate
regression.