From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-24 17:18:28

Hi Robert,

Robert Ramey wrote:
> No- in fact it does. I appears on text archives and xml archives in
> order to enhance readability by humans.
>
> its treated as white space by input streams so it should be no
> problem.

That may be true for iostreams and the serialization library,
but it's not true with respect to delimiters for use with
Boost.Asio's read_until function.

Is there any character that is guaranteed not to appear in the
output of a text archive? I'm guessing there isn't one, so I
would recommend that Christian use the approach of the
serialization example included with Boost.Asio, which is to have
a fixed size message header containing the length of the message
body.

Cheers,
Chris