From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-24 19:07:26

Hi Christian,

Christian Henning wrote:
> Hi Christopher, attached to this email is a server and a
> client program. They are console program but they are using
> MFC's new operator. It's assumed that boost is in c:\boost and
> the libs are in c:\boost\stage\lib . If that is not correct on
> your machine you need to change some settings.
>
> It's OK to run them just a few seconds. MFC will report quite
> a few memory leaks. Also Purify is reporting the leaks.
>
> Let me know when you are having any issues.

I haven't got to the point of reproducing it yet, but I do have
a couple of questions:

- Am I supposed to shut the processes down using Control-C? If
  so, there will almost certainly be leaks unless you have
  installed a "console control handler".

- I notice that the '#define new DEBUG_NEW' line occurs after
  the inclusion of stdafx.h. Doesn't this mean it won't affect
  the uses of 'new' in the Boost.Asio header files?

Sorry if these are stupid questions -- I don't know anything
about the MFC leak tracking.

Cheers,
Chris