From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-26 17:41:14

Hi Christian,

Christian Henning wrote:
> Hi Christopher, I think we can drop that issue for now. I cannot find
> my MFC program that produced the leaks. I'm sure that if there is a
> problem with MFC's leak detector it will come up again. Sorry for the
> noise.

Well, I did manage to reproduce a leak report, and it always seemed to be
related to an operation started in image_quality_source::do_write(). In that
function you're sending data from a std::string local variable called "msg".
This is wrong since you need to ensure that the data being sent is valid until
the asynchronous write's callback handler is called, so perhaps it should be
using a class data member instead of a local variable.

Cheers,
Chris