From: John Dunn (John_Dunn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-27 13:43:47

Pedro Lamarão said :

> I've suffered much with this in the past.
> In my experiente if you try to fool the CLR and actually
> compile your DLL withouth /NOENTRY random things may happen
> from time to time.

I'm not using any DLLs - I'm statically linking to libboost_threads. I'm
confident of this since if I define BOOST_THREAD_USE_DLL it will complain
about not being able to find the DLL instead of just crashing.

Interestingly enough, if I define BOOST_THREAD_USE_DLL it works perfectly
fine. So the issue is with linking to the static lib, not the dynamic one.

Are you aware of any issues with static libs / initialization and the CLR?
That seems to be the case here.

John