From: Sergey Filippov (rstain_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-31 05:13:09

Sigurd Saue <ssaue <at> trondheim.oilfield.slb.com> writes:

> Thanks. You are probably right - interesting to hear if anyone else has had
> the same problem.
>
> I will try the other approaches shortly.

Sigurd,

I believe I have the same problem. My code fails to serialize a polymorphic
class though the pointer to the base with the "unregistered class" error.
The code works well on 32-bit Windows, but fails on 64-bit.
However, the failure occurs only on one customer's machine (8 processors), I
could not reproduce it on any of my test computers, including 64-bit with 4
processors.

Did you find a workaround? Probably one of mentioned by Robert, or another one?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sergey