From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-01 13:14:21

Cheng, Victor S wrote:
>> I'm using 1.33.1 date_time library, but ran into a problem with
>> microsec_clock. It's not recognized in VC8:
>>
>> error C2653: 'microsec_clock' : is not a class or namespace name
>>
>> If I change it to second_clock, then it's fine. Is this a known
>> problem for VC8?
>>
> ---- Here is my test code --------
> #include "boost/date_time/posix_time/posix_time.hpp"
> #include <iostream>
> int main() {
> using namespace boost::posix_time;
> using namespace boost::gregorian;
> ptime now = microsec_clock::local_time();
> //second_clock::local_time();
> }

I have no idea what's wrong here and I'm not aware of any issues on vc8. In
fact, it passes regression tests for vc8. The only thing I can think is a
busted include path, but then I don't know why the second_clock would work.

The library really isn't needed much....so even if this didn't work it
wouldn't cause your symptoms.

Sorry, that's not really much help.

Jeff