From: Nindi Singh (nindi73_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-01 15:59:31

Cool ! Actualy I am now working another factory implementation. In the new implementation, the Base Class will hold a typedef for a Boost Variant, and then the derived objects can be instantiated by the factory by being given a std::map of the variants and stripping out the values to make a call to the constructor of the derived class. The ONLY intrusion on the classes would be a typelist in the Base class to type the appropriate Boost::Variant and a typelist in the derived class identifing the signature of the constructor to be called by the factory, similar to the factory i have posted previously. The MPL really is VERY cool, and I think I have JUST touched the surface !!!. In fact I put my order in for 'C++ Template Metaprogramming: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques from Boost and Beyond' at Amazon this afternoon !!!! ----- Original Message ---- From: Sohail Somani <s.somani_at_[hidden]> To: boost-users_at_[hidden] Sent: Wednesday, 1 November, 2006 8:46:28 PM Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost ROCKS !!!!! > -----Original Message----- > From: boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden] > [mailto:boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Nindi Singh > > For the past few months I have been making more and more use > of Boost, in fact I would say becoming more and more reliant > on Boost, every so often introducing myslef to a new library. > But discovering the MPL, well that was awsome. The first time > I applied it was to implement a factory. I would NEVR have > though of doing it this way WITHOUT the MPL. Any comments on > my use ( or indeed abuse !) of Boost would be more than apprieciated. [snip code] Actually, I've been thinking of doing something similar and I am also interested in what people say! PS: Boost does rock _______________________________________________ Boost-users mailing list Boost-users_at_[hidden] http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-users ___________________________________________________________ The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html