From: Jeremy Day (jeremy.day_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-02 16:27:07

All,

I have been following this discussion and I would like to just add a general
point. I have been trying to grok template metaprogramming off and on for a
while now, and I think that the leap from object-oriented programming to
template metaprogramming is a good deal larger than the leap from procedural
programming to object-oriented programming. It could be because I never had
Lisp or Scheme in college that makes it more difficult, but I've read
'Modern C++ Design' and 'C++ Template Metaprogramming' a couple of times
each (not really cover to cover, but close enough) and I still have a hard
time putting my brain in metaprogramming mode.

So I guess the long and short of what I'm saying is that template
metaprogramming is not something that beginning programmers will understand
the utility of or even the mechanics of.

Jeremy