From: Loïc Joly (loic.joly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-08 09:56:01

John Maddock a écrit :
> Jeff Garland wrote:
>
>>I'll just point out that things are more complicated than the
>>'answers' provided by bcp. As an example, date_time depends on
>>serialization, but only if you actually include specific date_time
>>serialization headers. Since bcp just mechanically traces
>>dependencies it can't *know* that if you don't want to user
>>serialization that dependency and any that serialization pulls in
>>goes away.
>

> Right, the answer to the question depends upon your definition of "depends
> on".
>
> Generally it's best to ask this question of a specific header rather than a
> whole library (which pulls in testing and example program dependencies).

Well, in fact, my goal is event more fuzzy : I would like not only that
the question could asked in terms of library, but also that the answer
would be given in terms of library. I tried the current program, I could
get thousands of relations between files. I would have been interrested
in some information such as :
mpl -> serialization -> date_time
thread -> serialization

My goal would be to get a graph that can be handled by a human brain,
with a reasonable number of nodes. This could also be useful if in the
future, boost libraries are released individually, and not all together.

> It's really annoying when the simple things turn out to be hard isn't it?
> :-)

It sure is.

--
Loïc