From: chris botos (chris.botos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-13 10:41:31

On 11/2/06, Caleb Epstein <caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 10/18/06, chris botos <chris.botos_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > I'm new to this list and to Boost. I'm interested in using Boost to
> wrap
> > C++ objects in Python. The environment is Solaris 10, x86. I did the
> > following:
>
> > '->' cannot appear in a constant-expression
> > '&' cannot appear in a constant-expression
> > template argument 1 is invalid
> > value is not a member of '<declaration errors>'
> > ...failed gcc-C++-action ... is also associated with the above

Caleb and Dave,

Thanks so much for your replies! I didn't see them until this weekend, so I
hadn't responded sooner. Being unable to get Boost to compile, and needing
to get some Python extensions working right away, I started using SWIG,
which so far has met my basic needs.

What version of Solaris and gcc are you using?

Solaris 10/x86
gcc 3.4.3

Can you include
> *actual* error messages with actual filenames and line numbers to help
> diagnose the problem?

I attached the full output from bjam.

I'm not sure when I will be able to get back to Boost. It may depend on
whether I run into SWIG limitations.

Regards,
Chris