From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-13 16:19:05

"Christoph" <christoph.duelli_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am experimenting with the Boost.Test framework. I have stumbled upon the
> exit code of the test program. I have not found the documentation on the
> exit code (maybe I have overlooked it) and am somewhat baffled how to
> interpret it:

Check http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/utf/index.html at the
end of Usage section

> i) what is the semantic of the exit code?
> It seems to be 0 when all tests are passed (as expected), but I get 201 if
> some tests fail. What does 201 mean? Are there further possibilities?

Check boost/cstdlib.hpp for Rationale

> ii) is it possible have the exit code return the number of failed test
> cases?

No. There are many different scenarios and this value maybe
invalid/misleading. To get the number of failed test cases you could either
grep report output or make report in XML format and use any number of XML
processing tools.

> Thank you
> Christoph

Gennadiy