From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-22 02:48:57

Deane Yang wrote:

> I am using bjam with Boost Build v2 to compile and link an executable
> that calls the boost serialization library using MSVC++ 8.0. For some
> reason, it tries to link to a library named "libboost..." but the actual
> library is called "boost...." (no "lib" prefix).

What's "actual library"?

The library file that is eventually produced by the compiler? Then it's a
bug in compiler

Or the library name as specified in Jamfile? Then note that the "lib" prefix
is automatically added for all libraries on Linux, and for static libraries
on Windows.

Or the library you already have built? Then how did you built it and how do
you link to it, and what's your Jamfile, and what's your command line, and
what version of Boost and what version of Boost.Build and of Boost.Jam?

- Volodya