From: Larry Smith (larry.i.smith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-26 12:49:56

sfinks wrote:
> hasn't anyone really at least tried to compile boost with linux+mingw ?

No. Why would one do that, since mingw is
for Windows, not Linux?

On linux we use the gcc/g++ provided with the distro.

On Windows we use MSVC v7 & v8. My personal machine
is setup for dual-boot (Windows on the first physical drive,
various Linux distro's on the other physical drives).
I've never tried mingw on Windows, but here is its
definition from the MinGW home page:

 "A collection of freely available and freely distributable
 Windows specific header files and import libraries combined
 with GNU toolsets that allow one to produce native Windows
 programs that do not rely on any 3rd-party C runtime DLLs."

I would expect nothing but trouble tyring to use mingw
on non-Windows platforms.

Larry