From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-27 09:26:10

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 10:42 -0500, Sam Duvall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use boost signals. I am using Visual Studio 2005 with
> boost and qt. I had to do this workaround to avoid the signals
> conflict:
>
> #ifdef signals
> #error "signalslib.hpp must be included before any qt header"
> #endif
>
> #include <boost/signal.hpp>
> namespace boost
> {
> namespace signalslib = signals;
> }
>
> I am getting this error
> INK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> 'libboost_signals-vc80-mt-1_33_1.lib'

The Signals library is trying to link, but it isn't finding the library.
Have you used "bjam" to build the Boost libraries? If not, the "Getting
Started" guide can help. Once you've built the libraries, make sure that
you have added the path containing libboost_signals-vc80-mt-1_33_1.lib
to your link directories (somewhere in the project options).

  Cheers,
  Doug