From: Jeffrey Holle (jeffreyholle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-27 17:31:38

I'm using boost version 1.33.1 and am contemplating using a multiIndex
container in my application.

The held object will be something like:

  class element {
    int x;
    int y;
    Object *pObject;
  };

I need 2 ordered_non_unique indices using x and y and one ordered_unique
index on pObject.

The problem is that the values of x and y will need to be modified
during the life of this container. Since the documentation says these
indices are implemented using red-black trees, I think I'm heading for
trouble.

However, the multiIndex container seems to have a "modify_key" method.
I can guarantee that the pObject value will not change, so if I obtain
an iterator to an element based on this index, will I be able to modify
either x or y and expect their related indices to still work?