From: Seweryn Habdank-Wojewódzki (habdank_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-07 10:10:16

Hi

John Maddock wrote:

> There is some work in progress here: www.johnmaddock.co.uk/toolkit

Great job. May I download it?

> The emphasis is on statistical distributions and special functions, which
> is rather different from what you're proposing.

My proposition is just an simple example, of the design. If I can say
something about my design style, I have other more complicated math example
http://knnl.sf.net and description is
http://accu.org/var/uploads/journals/overload74.pdf from page 23.
Unfortunately library is not on the Boost licence. Maybe next version I
will prepare with Boost licence.

In preparation I have adaptive Runge-Kutta (4,5) method.

I am looking for some tips if there is possible to make generalized
Runge-Kutta method. In math books there is an algorithm how to calculate
all coefficients for RK algorithm, but the point is that in templates I
need to use only integral types, so I need to have all coefficients split
in to the two parts: numerator and denominator, and prepare dedicated
algorithm to work with such a fractional numbers to calculate RK
coefficients in compile time. Otherwise it is easy to do algorithm which
prepares coefficients in constructor of the solver, because double numbers
are possible.

> We do need more methods like this in Boost, the main sticking
> point for ODE's and integration in general appears to be finding the right
> interface design (as ever!).

This is the reason why I want to join somewhere - I want to exchange
experience on the generative design for the math purpose.

Regards and thanks.

--
|\/\/|   Seweryn Habdank-Wojewódzki
`\/\/'