From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-07 13:43:07

Marko Bozikovic wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking into upgrading from Boost 1.32 to 1.33.1, but I have a
> problem
> with regex lib. When linking my application with the regex lib (I use
> automatic linking), I get multiple symbols linker error:

> Any ideas?

It's a known issue, although I haven't seen the char_traits::eq error
before. It happens when you build as a Unicode app without specifying
/Zc:wchar_t. Building with /Zc:wchar_t fixes the problem, as does building
as a multi-byte app.

Alternatively, add to the end of usinstances.cpp the code:

#if BOOST_WORKAROUND(BOOST_MSVC, > 1300) && BOOST_WORKAROUND(BOOST_MSVC,
BOOST_TESTED_AT(1400))
template<> _CRTIMP2 std::size_t __cdecl char_traits<unsigned
short>::length(unsigned short const*);
#endif

You may need a similar specialization for char_traits<>::eq as well.

HTH, John.