From: Sohail Somani (s.somani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-07 14:40:18

Hi,

For serious cross-platform development, have boost users found the
auto-linking to be useful? I think it only works on Windows, so if
you're doing any serious cross-platform development, the feature isn't
really that useful.

Am I missing something? Is this only useful on Windows? I'd love for it
to work in general, but I think I have to replicate the logic in my
build system which means I shouldn't really use it on Windows (since my
logic will already be there).

Of course, thats not to say that the feature isn't generally useful. If
I was a Visual C++ developer only, I'd use it, no questions asked.

Thanks,

Sohail