From: Heiko Bauke (heiko.bauke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-13 13:47:14

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:26:21 -0500
Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'll be happy to provide the default constructor, but it will only be
> available when we can be sure that it can be implemented correctly,
> either because we've checked out a particular MPI implementation
> (e.g., LAM-MPI does not need the real argc/argv) or it claims to be
> MPI-2 compliant.

Open-MPI (the successor of LAM-MPI) is MPI-2 compliant.

> I'll add a new macro
> "BOOST_MPI_HAS_DEFAULT_ENVIRONMENT" that is used to indicate that the
> default constructor exists.

MPI 1.2 defines the macros MPI_VERSION and MPI_SUBVERSION, which could
be used to detect, if

MPI_Init(0, 0);

is a valid function call, that could be used to implement a default
constructor.

        Heiko

--
-- It is not even wrong.  (Wolfgang Pauli, 1900-1958)
-- Cluster Computing @ http://www.clustercomputing.de