From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-14 18:01:02

Jerry Schreiber wrote:
[...]
> I've added the C:\Boost\boost_1_33_1\libs to the "-L" library search
> path (only had the parent directory
> previously).

You mean C:\Boost\boost_1_33_1\stage\libs , I guess.

> But I still get:
> Fatal: Unable to open file 'LIBBOOST_FILESYSTEM-BCB-S-1_33_1.LIB'

The autolink machinery is looking for a static library (notice the 'lib'
prefix) that is linked statically to the Borland runtime (notice the -s-
in the library name. One test you could make is to change your project's
CBuilderX configuration to specify the dynamic runtime instead.

> In examining the output from the bjam using borland-5_6_4, I now see
> references to "HardLink
> stage\lib\libboost_filesystem-bcb56-s.lib", but no references to
> "libboost_filesystem-bcb-s-1_1_33_1.lib".

This is just saying that it is trying to create a link to
libboost_filesystem-bcb56-s.lib from libboost_filesystem-bcb-s-1_33_1.lib

> I also see several "...skipped <@boost!lib>boost_filesystem-bcb56.lib
> for lack of
> <@boost!lib>boost_filesystem-bcb56-1_33_1.lib..."
> I'll attach all of the bjam output which I was able to trap.

As you probably already realized this is due to the fact that it is not
possible to build a dll version of the filesystem library.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti