From: Silvia Richter (silvia.richter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-15 02:36:55

Hi,

I'm new to Boost, and hope you can help me. When the attached source
file is compiled with:

gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-47.fc4) or
gcc version 3.3.6 (Ubuntu 1:3.3.6-13ubuntu2) or
gcc version 4.0.4 20060630 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.0.3-4),

then running the program gives a segfault on line 27.

When compiled with:

gcc version 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8),

no error occurs.

To my understanding, no error should occur: I am using "listS" for both
edges and vertices in adjacency_list. According to the documentation,
clear_vertex() should not
invalidate the adjacency_iterator in this case. However, in my code
that's exactly what
happens. I call adjacent_vertices() on a vertex A, which gives me an
adjacency_iterator. Then I remove all edges from A by calling
clear_vertex().
Then I want to use the adjacency_iterator obtained previously to check
the new
degrees of all (previous) neighbours of the removed vertex v. But the
program
crashes with a segmentation fault, when I try to use the iterator.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is that a bug of the library?

Cheers,
Silvia

This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain legally
privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy,
use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete both
messages. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. This notice should not be removed.