From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-15 11:24:06

Hello,

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 18:33 +0100, Dmitry wrote:
> For a some time I've been using my own implementation for calculating of the
> minimum cycle ratio of the directed multigraph, it based on the approach
> described in the paper
> "Numerical Computation of Spectral Elements in MAX-PLUS algebra" and seems
> has complexity close to linear in the respect of the edges number (both in
> memory and time).
>
> Does current BGL has some solutions for cycle ratio problem?

We do not have any algorithm implementations for this problem in the
BGL.

> I would like to
> try to contribute my "perfect" implementation to BGL if it's possible. What
> is need to be done for it?

Great! The major components of an algorithm submission to the BGL are:

  - The algorithm implementation itself: please be sure to follow the
general coding style of the BGL
  - Documentation: Should be written in HTML, with the same format and
style as existing BGL algorithms.
  - Tests: Please provide a standalone testcase that builds a few sample
graphs, runs the algorithm, and checks the results. I strongly suggest
using adjacency_list<listS, listS, ...> for the graph type, because that
tends to find many common mistakes in BGL algorithms.
  - Examples: Please provide at least one example file that illustrates
how to use your algorithm. This example is typically part of the
documentation.

When you're ready to submit your algorithm implementation, please upload
it to the Boost file vault at http://www.boost-consulting.com/vault/ and
send a message to the Boost list to tell us that it's there. We'll give
the code an informal review and, once everything's in good shape,
integrate it into Boost CVS for an upcoming Boost release.

We're looking forward to including your algorithm implementation in the
BGL!

  Cheers,
  Doug