From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-21 05:23:51

Pete Cilliers wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am running boost 1.31.1 on Fedora Core 6 with gcc 4.1.1
>> I get the following error when using boost::regex:

>> Any help would be much appreciated!

That's new one on me: frankly I have no idea what's going on, except that
these kinds of issues are often caused by binary compatibility issues: any
chance your executable is being built with options that aren't compatible
with the .so your linking against? You could also try:

Add the regex source (libs/regex/src/*.cpp) directly to your project and see
if that fixes the issue, if not at least you'll be able to better debug the
issue :-)

You could also try defining BOOST_REGEX_NO_EXTERNAL_TEMPLATES when building
your app to suppress linking against the template instances in the .so, this
will make the application larger, but may be enough to suppress binary
compatibility issues.

Hopefully this will be enough for you to get to the bottom of this,

John.