From: Jens Müller (jens.mueller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-21 08:20:42

Jens Müller wrote:
> Chris Weed wrote:
>
>>I usually get problems like this when I build my executable with a
>>different version of gcc, than the one boost was build with.
>>I don't have any ideas other than that.
>>Chris
>

> OK, this might be the case perhaps. I noticed, when I wanted to run the
> regression tests, that it started compiling them with gcc 3.4 (or at
> least, g++-3.4 system header files were included).
>
> But why does it do that? The build system of 1.33.1 correctly chose the
> latest gcc-4.1.0, and I didn't anything different when building the CVS
> Boost.

OK, just tried it again with latest CVS build, now the build system used
gcc-4.1.0 and the libraries all have gcc41 in the filename.

It still crashed.

Unfortunately, I cannot really debug it:

(gdb) run
Starting program:
/amd.home/home/jmueller/separator_devel/separator_jens/separator -f test
-i test2
[New Thread -1211864896 (LWP 1526)]

[Switching to Thread -1211864896 (LWP 1526)]
0xb7f40979 in ?? () from
/home/jmueller/software/boost-cvs/lib/libboost_program_options-gcc41-mt-d-1_35.so.1.35.0

- whatever "??" is ...