From: pete_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-01-01 20:57:13

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 06:57:23PM -0600, mailbox44_at_[hidden] wrote:
> I think my problem is a simple linking problem. I have looked through the
> archives and tried a few things to no avail.

Try linking with -lboost_threads AND -lpthread

I can force the same errors you get, and then fix it by doing this:
> g++ test.cpp -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lboost_thread -lpthread

Of course, the -I and -L are specific to my boost location.

I bet this will do in your situation:
> g++ test.cpp -lboost_thread -lpthread

I had no problem on my Linxu box, but FreeBSD was complaining about the
same issues and that fixed it for me with the code you sent.

Good luck,

Pete