From: pete_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-01-01 23:42:00

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 10:32:35PM -0600, Rene Rivera wrote:
> > What do I need to do so that I do not have to include all the boost
> > libraries in the compile line?

Actually, autoconf/automake can do much of that for you in many cases.

This is a good place to get a handle on the tools.
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html

Then you can check out the boost macros.
http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/macros-by-category.html#BOOST

Set them up in your configure.ac, and do something in your Makefile.am
like this(in this case I needed boost_program_options and
boost_date_time):

progname_CPPFLAGS = @BOOST_CPPFLAGS@
progname_LDFLAGS = @BOOST_LDFLAGS@
progname_LDADD = @PTHREAD_CFLAGS@ @BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIB@ @BOOST_DATE_TIME_LIB@

You'll then use configure to generate much of what you're looking for on
most modern systems.

There's a bit of a learning curve to it, but using autoconf has saved me
a LOT of time over the past few years.

Pete