From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-02 06:41:34

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Marc Viala <mviala_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Martes, Enero 2, 2007 10:07 am
Asunto: Re: [Boost-users] [Boost.Multi-Index] ICE w/ VC7.1
Para: boost-users_at_[hidden]

> Hello Joaquin and happy New Year,
>
> Sorry for my late reply but our mail server was down in the night
> of 31th; this is not a joke.
>
> I've just changed the code snippet with your recommendation but
> without success: I've got the same ICE with VC7.1.
>
> Just to clarify my report: I've also compiled some code snippets
> from the MultiIndex documentation and get the same ICE. My
> compiler version corresponds to the VC7.1 with the service pack #1.

Umm, this is weirder. Do you mean you have tried to compile some
of the programs under boost/libs/multi_index/example? Could you
please try to compile some of the .cpps on the test folder,
for instance boost/libs/multi_index/test/test_basic.cpp? Same ICE?

B.MI has always worked satisfactorily with MSVC 7.1, so I'm
wondering if it's the SP#1 that's making the difference. Current
regression tests for the upcoming v1.34 of Boost are not showing
any problem with B.MI and MSVC 7.1, but I don't know whether
they have SP#1 or not. Do you know if installing the service
pack makes the predefined macro _MSC_FULL_VER to bump? This
macro is 13106030 in the regression testing environment, see
http://tinyurl.com/y84ngx . Also, do you have access to a
compiler installation not having the SP that you can try
your snippet on?

Sorry to bring more questions than answers here. I you can
come up with some info about the issues I mention above I
think we'll be able to isolate the problem.

> Best regards,
>
> Marc Viala

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo