From: Manuel Jung (gzahl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-11 12:59:37

Roland Schwarz wrote:

> Manuel Jung wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a strange problem. The destructor of a class calls join_all().
>> But it seems that he hangs there. Even though some other code behind the
>> join_all() is executed before it finishs!
>> Lets get concret:
>>
>> seal::~seal()
>> {
>> ThgPrgs.join_all();
>> cout<<"Crabd quits, goodbye"<<endl;
>> }
>
> Could you possibly post a small (complete) example that demonstrates the
> behaviour? I am not able to guess where to problem might be from looking
> at the destructor only.
>
> Btw.: join_all doesn't own the no-throw property. So your design
> possibly should we reworked anyways.
>
> Roland

Hi,
Thanks for reading. For some reason i post two times the other on has a
respond two. The destructor is called two times which should not be right,
i will check that tomorow.

Im sorry, but i cannot give a small example, thus the program and the code
which may be connected with this problem is much too long.

join_all dows not throw; But in which way should i change my design? Or do
you mean i lack of exception handling? Though i catch errors in my real
programcode, thus it throws errors even without it i shortend the code to
the minimum.

Cheers
Manuel Jung