From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-18 15:43:24

The package documentation on this subject. There is also
a program - test_no_rtti - which tests a type designated
to use a different system than rtti and verify that it
can interoperate with one that does.

I should note that although I designed, implemented and
tested, and documented this facility, I don't know how
well it will work in a real project. I've recieved very
little feedback on this aspect of the library. I don't know
if this indicates that it works well, or that it is
rarely if ever used. I suspect the latter.

Note that RTTI is only need for serialization of pointers
so if your application doesn't need to do that - you will
have no problem.

Robert Ramey