From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-19 20:19:01

Gottlob Frege wrote:

> On 1/19/07, *Tobias Schwinger* <tschwinger_at_[hidden]
> <mailto:tschwinger_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>

> Sidenote: Although all Sequences provided by Fusion are MPL Sequences
> (because of that 'tag' type member), it is possible to /write/ a Fusion
> Sequence that is not an MPL Sequence by omitting that type member...
>

> Is there / should there be a base class that fusion sequences should
> derive from to ensure some of the fundamentals are there?

Yes, there is. But it's provided only to make life easier. It is
not required. The class is sequence_facade (in fusion/sequence/).
It is a fairly recent addition, however, and is not documented
nor tested yet. I believe it is not yet ready for prime time,
unlike its counterpart iterator_facade which is already deployed
to adapt a couple of non-native iterators (e.g. std::pair, boost::
array, boost::tuple, etc.). If anyone wants to proceed with its
development, email me privately. It's a fairly simple adapter class.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com