From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-20 07:02:56

pete_at_[hidden] wrote:
> It appears to come from this line in boost/lib/src/pthread.cpp:
>
> std::auto_ptr<thread> thrd(new thread(threadfunc));

I suspect you mean file: boost/libs/thread/src/thread.cpp.

> Could it be that the leak is being created by using the tmp object in
> the thread creation? I've read advise about NOT doing that?

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. Could you please try to be
more explicit?

Which tmp object are you refering to?
Where did you read what?

I guess your original sample exhibits the leak?

I'll try to reproduce locally:
In order to get equivalent test conditions, could you post the exact
steps you used to create and invoke the test?

> I realized after reading your email again that 1.34 is what you
> specified, but I used 1.35. Would that be a problem?

No I don't expect so. They should currently be the same.

Roland